Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Two Peas in a Pod

I don't usually blog about my pets other than my chickens but my daughter took these pictures and I thought them too cute not to share.
Meet Toby and Patriot
Patriot, the sleepy one, is my 4 year old chocolate lab that I have had since he was 5 weeks old. He is a handful as I know most lab owners can relate. His two favorite things are catching his big yellow squeaky tennis ball and eating. It is a good thing he likes to fetch, which is like nonstop, because his love for food whether it be in the form of actual food or things like wooden spoons, rubber spatulas and icing bags full of icing (yup the entire thing tip and all) he certainly needs the exercises. I just can't keep up with him sometimes. No, make that most of the time! I thought I wanted a dog who was active to help me to be active but it just didn't work. Then Toby came along and rescued me. Toby is a pit mix we found this past December. After trying everything we could to find his owner with no luck we adopted him. He has to be the most lovable affectionate dog I know. He instantly won over my heart as well as everyone who meets him. The wonderful thing is Toby and Patriot get along beautifully! They really are like two peas in a pod. They play together and keep each other company. They are a perfect match!


Ah, he's awake. Aren't they adorable!






I mean seriously can you get any cuter?




This is Patriot and my friends yellow lab Trooper. As you can see they are all set for a ride in the van.


My daughter is the one who took these pictures. She takes hundreds of pictures of these two and one day if her computer crashes I will know why!  The picture below is one she tried for months to get. She has some of the funniest and cutest poses of him on her computer. She actually placed him in that position and told him to stay and then snapped the photo. lol





Toby is not quite there yet, but look at that face!


Toby says thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Though they make the most wonderful loving companions, no more labs for me... for all the reasons you describe. I am so glad he's got a new best friend though, will run the energy out of him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful dogs! Pits are only as mean as their owners. I'm so glad you kept Toby. I wish more people knew how sweet pits can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent read, my friend :) learningreviewworld

    ReplyDelete