Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

What I've been up to lately!

Haven't posted in awhile. I have had family visiting from Massachusetts this past week and they have kept us busy. We went kayaking through a creek in Francis Marion National Forest..
.
My kids all set and ready to go!

My daughters first time kayaking on her own.

It was a 3 hour ..well more like 2 1/2 hour kayak trip. She got tired (we all did) but she did great though, very proud of her! My son was with my aunt in a tandem kayak but he did plenty of paddling himself.
Meet my husband, Jeremy. Pretty good looking guy if I do say so myself!
Sorry no pictures of me..well there is but I'm not posting them on here. ;o)  Ok moving on along we saw owls,  alligator, Swallow Tail Kite, and other birds of whom I don't know there name. It was a beautiful afternoon and we had a great time! I really want to buy our own kayaks!!

alligator sunning himself


owl in the middle of the tree

another owl perched in a tree



The very next day we headed out to Brevard, NC in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains for a day of zip lining. We went from 83 the day before to a feels like 36! This was at Earthshine Mountain Lodge. I highly recommend it if you live near! This was about 4 hours away and was an all day event but well worth it...we had a blast...


The trees here are just  leafing out
This was my husband going across the last zip line across a pond
and my father
 He has a camera on his helmet and it made for some great videos which is mostly what I have. The video below was not from that camera but from my mothers as she was not the adventurous  type...
  video
Oh this goat was so cute, he was following us like a dog...
Now tell me that doesn't look like fun! That video shows one of the zip lines that was 400 ft long!!
It was a very looong but very fun day and we all can't wait to do it again!


So after kayaking and zip lining we took them to Charleston just 20-30 min away (yes, this was the day after the zip lining) and spent the day walking around parts of my favorite historic city. It was such a lovely day!
Starting with Fort Sumter, the start of the Civil War
Now let's take a carriage tour through some of the what you'll see around Charleston








Unknown rose not yet blooming


A courtyard

Another little courtyard
One of many old grave yards
USS Yorktown
Well that was a little glimpse of Charleston, our kayak trip and zip lining. I am exhausted I tell ya but I am ready to do it all over again....after a weeks rest at least anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the vacation!! I really enjoyed the pictures!

    ReplyDelete